Getting Started as a Facility-Based Wireless Service Provider (WSP) - V6.0
Interconnecting with CenturyLink™ as a Wireless Service Provider (WSP) is simple if you follow the steps listed below and using our detailed checklist as your guide.
The links on the left of this web page provide additional background and procedural information that will be useful as you establish your interconnection relationship with CenturyLink.
Start here to begin the process by downloading our Getting Started as a WSP Checklist. You'll find a list of requirements and activities to start the process of becoming a Facility-Based WSP.
Before ordering, WSPs must obtain approval from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to operate as a Commercial Mobile Radio Service (CMRS). In addition, you need to determine if you need to comply with any State Public Utility Commission's application or registration requirements to operate as a telecommunication provider in the state(s) in which you will interconnect with CenturyLink.
- Arizona Corporation Commission
- Colorado Public Utilities Commission
- Idaho Public Utilities Commission
- Iowa Utilities Board
- Minnesota Public Utilities Commission
- Montana Public Service Commission
- Nebraska Public Service Commission
- New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
- North Dakota Public Service Commission
- Oregon Public Utilities Commission
- South Dakota Public Utilities Commission
- Utah Public Service Commission
- Washington Utilities and Transportation
- Wyoming Public Service Commission
To work through the process with a CenturyLink representative, contact the Interconnection Agreements Manager by email, by telephone at 303-965-3029, or by fax at 303-896-7077 to begin negotiations.
You have multiple options for creating your Interconnection Agreements:
- You can negotiate a new Interconnection Agreement.
- The Negotiation Process, also available by selecting the Negotiation Process link on the left, provides detailed information about how you and CenturyLink will work through the negotiation process
- CenturyLink offers a Type 2 Wireless Interconnection Agreement Template that you may adopt.
- CenturyLink offers a Type 1/Type 2 Paging Interconnection Agreement template. To obtain a copy, contact your Interconnection Agreements Manager
- CenturyLink does not offer a Type 1 Wireless Interconnection Agreement template at this time. If you require a template please contact your Sales or Service Manager.
- You have the option to "pick and choose" portions of other contracts to create an agreement.
- You have the option to "opt-in" to an existing agreement. By opting-in to another WSP's agreement, you assume the terms and conditions of that agreement, including the expiration date of that agreement. To review the approved WSP Agreements you can contact the Interconnection Agreements Manager or view them on the State Commission web sites as defined in step 2.
As a new customer, you will need to complete our Customer Questionnaire so we know your unique needs. Download the Customer Questionnaire. Contact your CenturyLink Service Manager if you need assistance.
Once your pending Interconnection Agreement is in place, and you have completed the required sections identified in our Customer Questionnaire, further define your CenturyLink Interconnection relationship by completing the network interconnection activities outlined in our Getting Started as a WSP Checklist.
You have an opportunity to collocate anywhere within Legacy Qwest's 14-state local service territory. CenturyLink's advanced network and experience as a telecommunications provider can help give you a competitive edge using our points of interconnection as a WSP.
- Opportunity For Interim Collocation Agreement
You may execute an Interim Collocation Agreement allowing you to place orders for Collocation while we are in active negotiations on an Interconnection Agreement. Contact the Interconnection Agreements Manager by email, by telephone at 303-965-3029 or by fax at 303-896-7077 to request information on executing an Interim Collocation Agreement.
Once you have a signed Interconnection Agreement, pending Commission approval, and have completed all relevant sections of our Customer Questionnaire, you are ready to order the CenturyLink products and services that will best serve your end-users.
- Facility-Based WSP Products and Services
Visit our Wireless Carrier Products & Services web site and select the "View Wirleless Carrier Products and Services" drop-down menu to learn about our WSP Products and Services. You can also review our Business Procedures by choosing a topic under the "View a Business Procedure" drop-down menu.
Last Update: November 4, 2011
- Facility-Based WSP Products and Services